Monday, March 3, 2008

Coach Boreseth Apologizes

After the Minnesota Loss, Coach Borseth apologized for his rant Thursday:

Michigan women's basketball coach Kevin Borseth returned to the podium Sunday, the site of his Thursday night meltdown that was captured on camera, shown on ESPN and spread throughout cyberspace.

Once again he stood before the media after a loss -- this one, 63-48, to Minnesota in the Big Ten regular-season finale -- but there was no pounding on the lectern, his glasses remained on and he was calm.

Borseth began the session with an apology.

"I said I was frustrated, but that moment didn't come close to the frustration I felt later at my own reaction to the game," he said, reading from a prepared text.

"I want to offer my sincerest apology, of course, to the team -- an amazing group of student-athletes. I want to apologize to the University of Michigan. I did not represent the university in the way it deserves to be represented.

"I want to apologize to the entire Michigan community, who so tirelessly supports this amazing university. I want to apologize to the media, who had to endure that evening. And lastly I want to apologize to everyone who had to witness my reaction to last Thursday night's game."

Somehow, I doubt this will get nearly as much attention as the original incident did.

No comments: