Saturday, January 29, 2011

ESPN Article on Coach Borseth

The whole thing can be found here.

"We're probably more similar in style [this season] to what we've been in the Green Bay era," Borseth said. "We're doing a lot more things that resemble what we did in Green Bay. … I think kids now are starting to figure it out. They're starting to get quicker, get a little bit more aggressive, get more used to the style. It will be interesting to see as the year rolls along if they can keep up this pace and play with the same aggressiveness."

and

Perhaps that single-minded focus is partly why he still seems like a bit of an odd fit at a place like Michigan as he talks of learning just how much recruiting determines success at this level, the salesmanship involved in fighting with other major-conference programs over the same pool of national-level recruits. Michigan is his home state, and the compensation can't be bad, but from the outside, it's still possible to wonder if he wasn't happiest scouring the small towns of Wisconsin and then taking his and beating yours.
"There's days when I say to myself, 'What did I get myself into?' But every time I get back on the court, you get back your competitive juices and they flow and you try to do the same thing you've always done," Borseth said. "It's all I know how to do. If I had to sell furniture or insurance or anything of that nature, I think I'd have to fold up tent.

No comments: